I love Coconut Lemon Slice and the fact it’s a no-bake slice, makes it a perfect sweet to prepare & enjoy on hot summer days. I found this recipe online a long time ago and thought I’d share it with you. Perfect with a cuppa. Enjoy!
- 1 cup Sweet Condesened Milk (I use a whole 395g can)
- 200g Butter
- 500g Granita Biscuits
- 2 cups desiccated Coconut
- 4tsp Lemon Rind (2 lemons are plenty)
- 4 cups Icing Sugar
- 100g Butter, room temperature
- Juice from 2 Lemons
- Line a 3cm deep, 20 x 40cm oven tray (or your biggest tray/pan) with baking paper.
- Place sweet condensed milk & butter in a saucepan over medium heat and stir until butter is melted, about 4-5 minutes.
- Place biscuits in a food processor and process to fine crumbs.
- Combine crumbs, coconut & lemon rind in a large bowl. Add hot butter mixture and stir until well combined.
- Press biscuit mixture into prepared pan, about 1,5cm thick, and refrigerate for about 2 hours or until firm.
- Make lemon icing: Place Icing sugar, butter and 4-5 tbs lemon juice in a bowl. Mix with a wooden spoon or electric whisk until smooth. Spread icing over base and sprinkle lightly with desiccated coconut. Refrigerate until set and cut into 4 x 4 cm pieces.