Babushka Doll


I’ve been wanting to make this Babushka doll for a while and tonight I started my first one. I have another 4 to go. I made this one using fabric from Tone Finnanger’s TILDA collection. 



I found that the pattern (by Ooshka) was difficult to read as it was written in centimeters and not inches – most patchwork mats, rules etc are in inches – and also a lot of unnecessary pre-cutting of fabric, rather than just sew 4 strips together in correct width/length. The end result was the same, but I think the pattern should be re-written for the AU/USA market personally.
Advertisements

One thought on “Babushka Doll

  1. I totally agree with you, this is an easy pattern but with all the extra cutting it took too long. I made two of them but I now feel that I have re-design the pattern for next time! They are adorable though!

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s